Updated September 13th, 2019.
- Don't break the law while using our site, and don't use our site to break the law;
- Feel free to post PrivacySpy's materials under the Creative Commons BY license;
- The data on this site might be wrong, but we do our best to keep everything accurate (and you can always help correct our information yourself by submitting a suggestion);
- We don't provide legal advice, so please do not consider anything here to be legal advice.
By accessing the website at https://privacyspy.org, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law (see section 2.b).
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to download the materials (information or software) on PrivacySpy (Politiwatch, Inc.)'s website for non-commercial viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose;
- remove any copyright or other notations from the materials; or
- The content of this website, except that content which is clearly drawn from some other source (and therefore made available under a different license) shall be licensed according to Creative Commons BY (). Under this license, you must attribute PrivacySpy's materials back to PrivacySpy (ideally with a link, whenever possible), but are otherwise free to use the materials freely.
- The materials on PrivacySpy (Politiwatch, Inc.)'s website are provided on an 'as is' basis. PrivacySpy (Politiwatch, Inc.) makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- The materials on PrivacySpy (Politiwatch, Inc.)'s website are not legal advice. PrivacySpy does not provide legal advice in any capacity.
- Further, PrivacySpy (Politiwatch, Inc.) does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- Some of the content on PrivacySpy is user-generated. While PrivacySpy will make a good-faith effort to moderate its user generated content, it is not responsible for it. (If you find something that shouldn't be here, please let us know immediately.)
In no event shall PrivacySpy (Politiwatch, Inc.) or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on PrivacySpy (Politiwatch, Inc.)'s website, even if PrivacySpy (Politiwatch, Inc.) or a PrivacySpy (Politiwatch, Inc.) authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on PrivacySpy (Politiwatch, Inc.)'s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. PrivacySpy (Politiwatch, Inc.) does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. PrivacySpy (Politiwatch, Inc.) may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However PrivacySpy (Politiwatch, Inc.) does not make any commitment to update the materials.
PrivacySpy (Politiwatch, Inc.) has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by PrivacySpy (Politiwatch, Inc.) of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
PrivacySpy (Politiwatch, Inc.) may revise these terms of service for its website at any time, though users will be notified of any substantial modifications. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New York and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
Updated September 13th, 2019.
Your privacy is (obviously) important to us. It is PrivacySpy (Politiwatch, Inc.)'s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, https://privacyspy.org, and other sites we own and operate.
We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
We collect the following data:
- Your email address and name (when you sign up for an account)
- Your IP address and browser "user agent" (in logs, which are periodically rotated)
- Your actions performed on the website (edits, suggestions, and profile changes)
- Aggregate website usage statistics (page views, general geographic breakdowns, device types)
We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by a subpoena or valid court order, or when you explicitly publish that information on our platform yourself.
We do not collect any personal information except that which you give yourself to the site, however we will nonetheless make a best-effort attempt to respect Do Not Track (DNT) browser requests.
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
If we learn of a data breach, we will notify all affected users within 72 hours of discovery.
To ensure security, all our data is encrypted at rest and in transit.
You may delete all of your personal information from our systems by using the 'Delete Account' tool in your profile. If you do not have an account, we do not have any of your personal information.