Information that is necessary for the use of the Hostinger Platform
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the Hostinger Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contractual arrangement which is in place between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Failing to provide any of this data or decision to delete or object to the processing of any of such data may result in de-activation of your Hostinger Account.
- Account Signup Information. When you sign up to Hostinger, we require you to provide minimum information - email address and password. In some particular cases we ask you to provide more information - such as your first and last name, identity verification, contact details. Such information is required when you are applying for a registration of domain name and indicated as the WHOIS information.
- Login information. We collect Login scope and Email scope from Google, please see https://developers.google.com/+/web/api/rest/oauth#profile and email from Facebook.
- Identity Verification. To comply with the rules set forth by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN") before the registration of the new domain name, Hostinger may collect identity verification information (such as images of your passport, national ID card, valid driving license or other documents as required or permitted by applicable laws).
- Payment Information. To order and use features of the Hostinger Platform (such as web-hosting, domain name registration), we may require you to provide certain financial information in order to facilitate the processing of payments. We use 3rd party (payment processor) services, so we do not collect and store credit card information (we receive information about the payment status and store only last 4 credit card digits).
- Communications, Chats, Messaging. When you communicate with Hostinger (using general inquiries window), we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide or disclose. In order to respond to your request, we may access information provided in your Hostinger Account, purchase history, etc.
- Job applicants' information. We also collect information that you provided to us by applying to any of the open career positions published at https://www.hostinger.com/career, by e-mail or otherwise. For more details see Section 5 below.
- Visitors and users of our User’s websites or services. We may also collect information pertaining to visitors and users of our User’s websites or services (“Users-of-Users”), solely for and on our Users’ behalf. You may also choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your Hostinger Account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, or use other features of the Hostinger Platform. We advise against posting any information you don’t wish to make public on the Hostinger Platform. If you upload any content to your account or post it on your Website and provide it in any other way as part of the use of any Service, you do so at your own risk.
Hostinger processes information you provide to us on the legal basis of: Your consent, expressed when voluntarily submitting and filling your Personal Data details in sign-up forms, by e-mail, request or inquiries window, etc.; and Conclusion and performance of contractual arrangements and obligations between Hostinger and the User; Pursuance of legitimate interests of Hostinger, as Data Controller and manager of Hostinger platform; Compliance with a legal obligation to which Hostinger is subject, including, but not limited to, ICANN rules: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/approved-with-specs-2013-09-17-en#whois.
When you use the Hostinger Platform or contact us directly by any communication channel, we may collect information, including personal information, about the services you use and how you use them.
This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, to enable us to comply with legal obligations and given our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve the functionalities of the Hostinger Platform.
- Log data and Device information. We automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use the Hostinger Platform, even if you have not created an Hostinger Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data.
- Usage information. We use a tool called "Google Analytics" to collect information about your interactions with the Hostinger Platform (what pages you visit, such as the pages or content you view, your searches for Listings, bookings you have made, and other actions on the Hostinger Platform. In consequence, Google, Inc. plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit this Site). For more information please visit Google.
- Geo-location data. We collect information about your approximate location as determined by data such as your IP address to offer you an improved user experience and comply with applicable legal requirements, such as taxes, pricing, etc. Such data may be collected only when you access Hostinger platform using your device.
Hostinger processes this information on the legal basis of: Your consent; Conclusion and performance of contractual arrangements and obligations between Hostinger and the User; Pursuance of legitimate interests of Hostinger, as Data Controller and manager of Hostinger platform.