Our Website may contain links to third-party websites and applications. Subject to your opt-out preferences (see Your Rights and Choices), we may also use third-party advertisers, ad networks, and other advertising, marketing, and promotional companies, to serve advertisements on our Website. Any access to and use of such linked websites and applications is not governed by this Notice but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties. We do not endorse these parties, their content, or any products and services they offer, and we do not endorse these parties, their content, or any products and services they offer, and we are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites or applications.
Even if there is a reasonable delay before the data is fully deleted (as is common), the data still counts as "permanently deleted" and satisfies the parameters for this question.
If you would like to make a request, cancel your account or request we delete or no longer use your account information to provide you our Website, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or the address set forth at the end of this Notice. Subject to applicable law, we will retain and use your account information only as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
This may come in the form of outright data sharing or by using local third-party analytics software (such as Google Analytics, which collects a plethora of user information).
Note that whether the policy allows sharing aggregated user data does not affect this question.
If the personal data is encrypted when it passes through the third-party, it does not count as third-party access (as the data is inaccessible to that party).
If personal data has been made public by, for example, posting it to a blog, it does not count as private personal information (and is therefore not considered by this question).
We may share information we collect about you, including Personal Data, in the following ways:
With third-party Service Providers, agents, contractors, or government entities.
- We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing services to you:
- We may engage Service Providers to process credit card transactions or other payment methods. We may also engage Service Providers to provide services such as monitoring and developing Calendly services; aiding in communications, infrastructure, and IT services; customer service; debt collection; analyzing and enhancing data. These Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information in order to provide these functions. In addition, some of the above-listed types of information that we request may be collected by third-party Service Providers on our behalf.
- We may share information with Service Providers and government entities for legal, security, and safety purposes. This includes sharing information in order to enforce policies or contracts, address security breaches, and assist in the investigation of fraud, security issues, or other concerns.
- We require Service Providers to agree to take reasonable steps to keep the Personal Data that we provide to them secure. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your Personal Data except in connection with providing their services.
We may use your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including complying with requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities, or in legal proceedings involving Calendly.
Calendly describes its security practices on a dedicated security page.
The policy only lists the date it was last modified (in this case, January 1, 2020).
Note that all companies operating in the EU are subject to Art. 33 of the GDPR, which requires companies to notify their data protection authority of a data breach within 72 hours of discovering it.
If any changes are made, we’ll post them on this page, so please be sure to check back periodically. If you continue to use Calendly after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised Notice.
In the "Privacy Notice for California Residents" they say that "[they] reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at [their] discretion and at any time and will notify you by email or through a notice on our Website homepage.
This includes the use of data brokers and independent verification authorities (such as background check providers).
We collect information about you directly from you and automatically through your use of our Website. We may combine information automatically collected with other information that we have collected about you including from publicly available sources.
We may use information that we collect about you, including Personal Data, to:
- Provide the Calendly Service. We will use your information to provide our Website to you; including facilitating scheduling; managing your account; responding to your inquiries; and for other customer service and support purposes. We use the payment information you provide to us in order to alert you of past, current, and upcoming charges, to allow us to present the billing history to you on your billing page in the Website, and to perform internal financial processes, such as looking at the status of a credit card charge. In the event of a credit card dispute, we also share account information with your bank to verify the legitimacy of a charge.
- Understand and improve our products. We will perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others. We do this to help make our products better and to develop new products.
- Communicate with you.
- Service related communications. We may send you service and administrative emails to ensure the service is working properly. We will also email you regarding your calendar appointments. These messages are considered part of the service and you may not opt out of these messages.
- Promotional. Subject to your opt-out preference, we may send you emails about new product features or other news about Calendly or on topics we think would be relevant to you. You may opt out of receiving these communications at any time. Visit the ‘Your Rights and Choices’ section below. For Calendly Invitees, please be assured that we do not use the email addresses that you enter to schedule a meeting with a Calendly User to send any type of direct marketing.
- Responding to your requests. We will also use your information to respond to your questions or comments.
- Administrative. We may contact you to inform you about changes in your services, our service offering and other important service-related notices, such as changes to the Notice or about security or fraud notices.
- Legal Compliance. We may use your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including complying with requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities, or in legal proceedings involving Calendly.
- Other. We also may use your information to manage our business or perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection subject to your consent.
"We also may use your information to manage our business or perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection subject to your consent" includes more potential use cases for personal data than is already listed in the policy.
Some services allow users to opt-out or opt-in to of non-critical collection or use of personal data, such as collecting data for personalized advertisements.
Subject to your opt-out preferences (see Your Rights and Choices), we may also use third-party advertisers, ad networks, and other advertising, marketing, and promotional companies, to serve advertisements on our Website.
Please also note that if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may continue to send to you service-related emails which are not available for opt-out. If you do not wish to receive any service-related emails from us, you have the option to delete your account.
Information You Provide Voluntarily
Calendly collects the following information, either directly from Calendly Users, Invitees, or Viewers, or through third-parties regarding Users, Invitees, or Viewers.
- Calendar Information. A Calendly User may connect their calendar with Calendly. Our calendar integration only checks the duration and free/busy status of the events in your calendar so that we don’t book you when you’re busy. We never store who you are meeting with, their email address, the meeting title, or any other details about the appointments in your connected calendar.
- Billing Information. If you purchase a premium version of Calendly, our third-party payment processors will collect and store your billing address and credit card information. We store the last four digits of your credit card number, card type, and the expiration date.
Information Collected Automatically
- Log & Device data. When you use Calendly, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website. This log data may include the web address you came from or are going to, your device model, operating system, browser type, unique device identifier, IP address, mobile network carrier, and time zone or location. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
- Other Web Site Analytics Services. Subject to your opt-out preferences (see ‘Your Rights and Choices’ below), we use third-party Service Providers such as Google Analytics to provide certain analytics and Viewer interactions services to Calendly in connection with our operation of our Website, including the collection and tracking of certain data and information regarding the characteristics and activities of visitors to Calendly. You may opt-out of relevant cookies using opt-out features on their respective websites.
May 5, 2020