When you register, we ask you to provide certain information, which includes your email address, birth year, gender, and zip code (the "Registration Data"), as well as a password for your account.
If you choose to subscribe to fee-based portions of the Service, purchase a subscription to the Service as a gift, or purchase add-on products or services, you will also be asked to provide (at a minimum) your name and payment information ("Payment Information").
You have the ability to provide a variety of information during your interactions with us and the Pandora Service, such as emails you may send us, ads you respond to, and emails or newsletters that you sign up to receive. Pandora or third parties acting on our behalf receive data from you whenever you provide us with information.
When you use the Service, we keep track of your listening activity, which may include the number and title of songs you have listened to, the songs that you like (thumb up) or dislike (thumb down), the stations and playlists you create or listen to, the songs you skip, and how long you listen.
ou have the ability to post comments, images, and information in community networking features available on or accessible through the Service, such as Pandora Community, your public profile, artist and album forums, our blog, and our social networking pages. You should be aware that any information you submit in the course of these community activities can be read, collected, or used by other users of these parts of the Service, as further discussed below. We are not responsible for the information you choose to make public in any of the community networking features available on or through the Service.
As is true of many internet-enabled services, Pandora may collect certain technical information through the use of log files and servers. Web and application servers create log files automatically as part of their setup and configuration. Information in a log file may include IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, date/time stamps, Media Access Control (MAC) address, file requested, and other usage information and statistics.
If you choose to participate in research studies, or sign up for certain features and/or rewards offered through the Service, you may provide us, and we may collect, your contact information, including your name, mailing address, and phone number ("Contact Information"). The email address you provided as part of your Registration Data is not considered Contact Information for the purposes of this policy.
If you access and use the Service from a computer, mobile phone, tablet, automobile, or other electronic device, we may collect information about those devices. For example, our servers receive and store information about your computer and browser, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, and other related software or hardware information. If you access the Service from a mobile phone, tablet, automobile, or other electronic device, we may collect and store information such as device type, operating system version and type, unique identifiers (such as mobile advertising ID, VIN, and MAC address), carrier, and other related information for that device.
When you register for the Pandora Service, you provide us with your zip or postal code. We may also collect location information from devices you use while accessing the Pandora Service. Depending on the device and operating system, device-based location information may be derived from GPS and nearby wireless signals such as cell towers, Wi-Fi networks, and Bluetooth beacons. We will not collect your device-based location information unless you have permitted the Pandora app to access location services on your device. You can disable this access at any time in your system settings. Additionally, in some cases, your location within a geographic block may be approximated from the IP address currently assigned to your device.
If you grant microphone access to the Pandora app on your device, we will receive your voice data when you interact with a voice feature on our app. You can perform a search or control Pandora with your voice by tapping on the microphone icon in the search bar, or by using the wake word "Hey Pandora" if you have enabled "Listen for 'Hey Pandora'" in your app settings. Ad-supported listeners can also use their voice to interact with select audio advertisements, in which case an audible tone will sound when the microphone opens and closes, and an indicator will display on your screen. For more information about Pandora's voice features, see this FAQ.
If you choose to participate in surveys or other research, we will collect any information you choose to provide us, together with other data about your use of the Pandora Service.
Certain features of our Service require you to provide personal information about another person. By providing another person's personal information to us, you confirm that you have all necessary rights and permissions to provide such information. If you choose to provide this information, we may store and use the information for purposes of providing those features. For example, if you choose to purchase a subscription to the Service for a friend, we may ask for your friend's name and email address to provide the gift. We will only use this information for the specific reason for which it was provided or for security purposes, such as to prevent fraud. If you believe that one of your contacts has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact us at privacy @ pandora.com.
We may receive or collect information about you from third parties, and combine and store it on our servers with other information we may have already received or collected from you. These third parties include:
- Service providers that provide or make available advertising, features and functionality, and content on or through the Service.
- Advertising entities such as advertisers and advertising agencies that collect and maintain information on their customers. These third parties may provide Pandora with certain information about those customers for the purposes of serving advertisements and/or marketing offers to their customers on the Pandora Service.
- Marketing companies and data providers that create, maintain, and distribute professional marketing lists or segments, or maintain and distribute other marketing, or similar data.
- Governmental or quasi-governmental agencies or organizations that provide or make available, to the public, census and demographic data.
- Third-party social media websites, applications, or services that you use, when we allow those websites, applications, or services to interact through the Service to provide personalized services to you. In some cases, those websites, applications, or services may automatically provide us with information about you to facilitate personalization unless you use the controls available on those websites, applications, or services to opt-out of such sharing.
- People who store or post information about you on the community features of the Pandora Service, or by your enabling connectivity with another website, application, or service where friends or other listeners store such information. For instance, your friends may store information about you in places such as their friend lists, address books, or photos on our Service or other websites, applications, or services such as social media applications with which the Pandora Service interacts.
We may also receive information about you from our parent corporation, Sirius XM Radio Inc. ("Sirius XM") and its subsidiaries. For more information about Sirius XM, please see https://www.siriusxm.com/corporate.